Melissa Donlon is a trial lawyer who has a unique perspective in the field of personal injury litigation. Melissa’s career began at a prestigious plaintiff’s personal injury firm in Chicago where she was afforded the rare opportunity to handle complex medical malpractice, product liability, and many other types of personal injury cases from intake to trial right out of law school.
While at that firm, Melissa gained invaluable experience and found working on behalf of the aggrieved clients and their families to be truly rewarding. During that time, she worked to obtain millions of dollars on behalf of her clients, through both settlements and verdicts.
From there, Melissa made a career change to “the other side of the V.” She worked for a prominent defense law firm in Chicago handling cases on behalf of doctors, medical facilities and insurance companies. While there, Melissa learned the ins and outs of the insurance industry and how the defense evaluates and handles different personal injury cases. At age 33, Melissa became one of the youngest partners in the city. Melissa is distinct in that she has worked on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants at the highest level of this industry.
When Melissa and her family made the decision to move to Missouri, she took the opportunity to return to her passion: representing individuals and families of those who have been wrongfully injured. Melissa’s legal experience is second to none and she is a zealous representative of her clients.
Select Settlements and Verdicts
- $6 million premises liability – wrongful death (elevator door collapsed) (settlement)
- $4 million medical malpractice – wrongful death (failure to treat diabetic ketoacidosis) (trial)
- $1 million auto accident – wrongful death
- $825,000 trucking accident – personal injury
- $425,000 nursing home – wrongful death
- $2 million medical malpractice – survival and wrongful death (failure to diagnose lung cancer)
- $300,000 auto accident – personal injury
- $250,000 medical malpractice – personal injury
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys (MATA)
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group (AIEG)
- Admitted to Illinois Bar, 2009
- Admitted to Northern District of Illinois
- Admitted to Missouri Bar, 2019
- Admitted to Western District of Missouri